An integral part of the LCLD Pathfinder Program curriculum is the online experiential learning component, accessible via the LCLD Pathfinder E-Module Portal. Pathfinders and Program Facilitators were emailed their respective login credentials in on April 25, 2017.
There will be a total of four Pathfinder E-Modules between the April and November in-person meetings. Each of the modules will be available as described in the welcome package that was distributed at the beginning of the program year.
LCLD will send emails letting Pathfinders and Program Facilitators know when each module opens and closes via email@example.com. You may use this page as a reference between formal communications.
Please see below for the available 2017 Pathfinder Program e-modules and associated assignments.
Online E-Module 1: Goal-Setting
Title: Building Career Success - The Power of Goal-Setting
Companion Worksheet: Building Career Success — The Power of Goal-Setting Self-Reflection Questions
Completion Deadline: Monday, June 5, 2017
Goal-Setting Action Assignments:
Completion Deadline: Choose at least one Action Assignment to complete by Monday, June 5, 2017.
1) Meet with your Program Facilitator to discuss the essential skills (these can be either technical or “soft” skills) necessary to continue to progress to more senior levels of leadership/responsibility within your organization.
2) Re-read your most recent performance review and pick one skill/function that you would like to better develop. Create a development plan for that skill. If you like, meet with your Program Facilitator to identify firm- or organization-specific development tools available to you.
3) Review your report and the online materials from the MBTI session presented in April (view Adobe materials here and Harley-Davidson materials here). Develop and implement a plan to refine your approach to working with a supervising attorney who displays a different personality type.
4) Getting honest and accurate feedback is essential to career development. Ask three colleagues to give you the first three words they think of when they think of your work. Are the words they use consistent with your self-image of the work you do?
5) Meet with your Program Facilitator to to review training opportunities available within your organization and/or community.
Suggested Readings on Goal-Setting:
While optional, these books/articles will help to supplement the module on Goal-Setting.
1) Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol Dweck
2) What You're Really Meant to Do: A Road Map for Reaching Your Unique Potential, by Robert Steven Kaplan - Harvard Business Review
3) “Make Your Work Resolutions Stick” by Rebecca Knight - Harvard Business Review
Please contact Lori Lorenzo, Program Director, with any questions on substance or deadlines.
For technical questions about the Pathfinder Portal, please contact Jessica Sabesan, LCLD Communications & Marketing Manager.