Shanon Stevenson is a partner in the Atlanta office and a member of the firm's Global Immigration Practice Group. Shanon's practice focuses on corporate immigration law.
She began practicing in this area in 1998. She has comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in a broad range of immigration areas, including advising clients on current immigration legislation, handling nonimmigrant and immigrant visa applications, outbound visas and advising employers on I-9 compliance.
Shanon is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. She has been repeatedly recognized for her immigration practice in Georgia Super Lawyers – Rising Stars. Shanon is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. She was also selected for inclusion in The Legal 500 – Immigration in 2015.
- Provides U.S. immigration services for the leading European investor in R&D for the travel and tourism sector. This IT travel industry giant employs 14,000 people in 190 markets and has revenues of £3,913 million.
- Worldwide immigration services for $2+ billion Fortune 1000 technology company with 7,000+ employees in 15 countries through North America, Latin America and Europe, including the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Brazil, Peru, Chile, India and Spain.
- Advises employers during USCIS site visits, USDOL H-1B wage and hour investigations, Immigration and Customs Enforcement inspections, Homeland Security Investigation worksites enforcement investigations and immigration raids.
- Obtains nonimmigrant visas, including H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, L-2, TN, E-3, H-3, H-2B, J-1, O-1, P-1, B-1, B-2, E-2 and E-1 visas.
- Obtains immigrant visas, including PERM labor certifications, EB-1 Aliens of Extraordinary Ability, EB-1 multinational executives and managers, EB-1 outstanding professors and researchers, EB-2 advanced degree professionals and EB-3 professional and skilled workers.
- Obtains outbound visas, including business visas, work visas and permanent residence applications to the U.K., Canada, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Turkmenistan and Spain.
- Advises employers on I-9 compliance, E-verify and the myriad of state immigration laws.
- Represents employers in discrimination complaints filed with U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Special Counsel for immigration-related unfair employment practices.
- EB-1 Alien of Extraordinary Ability for a non-profit entity in New York for professional who detects human rights violations in South Africa utilizing satellite imagery.
- EB-1 outstanding researcher for prostate cancer at a university.
- J-1 waiver and H-1B for a pediatric cardiologist at a leading children's hospital.
Areas of Practice
Partner & Member of Diversity & Inclusiveness Committee
Georgia State University College of LawUpdate this Profile