Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Business/Corporate by Super Lawyers magazine (2016), Jerita is a corporate and transactional attorney who counsels and negotiates contracts on behalf of broadcast, cable, financial institutions, nonprofit, and other clients in regulated industries, including the communications and government contracts industries, and non?regulated industries, in a wide variety of corporate governance and transactional matters, including stock or asset acquisitions, divestitures, corporate formation and dissolution, and commercial contracts, including software and technology licensing transactions. She received her J.D. from Howard University School of Law, where she was a member of the Howard Law Journal, and her B.A. from the University of Virginia. Jerita is admitted to practice the District of Columbia and Virginia.
- Transactional counsel for a wide range of companies in the sales and acquisitions of various assets.
- Lead transactional counsel for a rapidly growing national radio broadcaster in multiple, complex asset and stock acquisitions ranging from $254 million to $3 million transactions.
- Lead transactional counsel in the sale of 200 broadcast towers and related assets to a tower company, including negotiating leaseback and similar use arrangements.
- Drafts and negotiates a variety of agreements, including asset and stock purchase agreements, loan documents, lease agreements, non?competition agreements, local programming and marketing agreements, closing documentation, and other corporate contracts.
- Represents clients in the purchase and sale of television and radio stations.
- Counsels clients in connection with acquisitions, sales, and exchanges of numerous radio stations in multiple markets for publicly traded and private companies.
- Drafts and negotiates a wide variety of intellectual property and services agreements.
- Handles due diligence of government contracts.
- Counsels clients in general corporate compliance matters, including drafting bylaws, operating agreements, and merger agreements.
- Assists non?profit corporations with filing for tax exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and general compliance issues.
- Represents clients during the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) audit process.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Board Member, Committee Chair & Secretary, DC Family & Youth Initiative
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA); Co?chair, Transactional Practice Committee (2014)
- National Bar Association (NBA)
- Global Advisory Board, Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- Women's Bar Association (WBA)
Areas of Practice
Mergers & Acquisitions
Co-chair of recruiting committee
Howard University School of LawUpdate this Profile